CPR and AED in Grande Prairie
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training in Grande Prairie is the most popular course offered by Grande Prairie First Aid in Alberta. Full courses and stand-alone classes are available throughout the week, evenings and weekends included. Student and employees who need CPR and AED training in Grande Prairie and St Mark James certification can do so easily with Grande Prairie First Aid. To view available CPR and AED course dates, times and locations in Grande Prairie click here.
Grande Prairie First Aid
- Enrolment is quick and hassle-free. Students can complete their enrolment through e-mails, telephone calls, and walk-ins during business hours in any of the of facilities in Grande Prairie.
- Course rates are also the cheapest in the area. They are paid once during enrolment and include taxes, certificates, and St Mark James training manuals.
- Full refunds are given to trainees who are able to complete a training program, provided a 72-hour notice was given.
- All courses are taught by St Mark James certified instructors in high-end training facilities.
To enrol, inquire or book a private course please click the link below and fill out the following form. We will respond to your request within one business hour.
CPR and AED Programs
CPR and AED training in Grande Prairie First Aid are focused on skill development in recognizing and reacting to cardiovascular and first aid emergencies. Students learn how to handle emergencies such as cardiac arrest, bleeding, and choking. Different levels of training correspond to different age groups and target students as well. Levels A, C, and HCP classes are four, five, and six hours long respectively.
Stand-alone classes for CPR are also available if the student does not want to enrol in the full course level. CPR-only classes include automated external defibrillation (AED) training as well. AEDs are machines that are attached to the chest with pads and apply shock to the heart.
If you want to book a training course for training at home or for a special company event, Grande Prairie First Aid also has private instructors with hourly rates.
St Mark James certificate cards are awarded upon completion of the training course. Wall mount sizes are also available upon the request of the student. To successfully complete the program, the student has to have complete attendance, adequate demonstration of skills, and at least 75 percent on the written exam.
The certificate is valid for three years and can be renewed through recertification programs. Recertification programs are available for level C and HCP, four hours long and held twice a week.
Did You Know?
A fracture happens when an outside force causes a break in the bone. The break can be a complete break (a through and through break) or a partial break that causes a portion of the bone to break. When a victim experiences a fracture or falls and a fracture is suspected:
- Stabilize the affected area.
- Check to see if the victim is unresponsive.
- If unresponsive, call your local emergency number and perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) immediately.
- If victim is responsive, stabilize the affected area and bring victim to the nearest emergency room.