CPR and AED re-certification courses are designed for candidates that need to renew expiring or expired certification. The majority of stand-alone CPR certificates can be re-certified if candidates meet the necessary prerequisites. CPR and AED re-certification courses cost significantly less and take less time to complete when compared to the full certification courses. Candidates that successfully complete the renewal course will receive certification identical in value to the previous certificate. Prior to registering candidates must eligibility requirements set by St Mark James.
Different Levels of CPR and AED Re-Certifications:
The following levels of CPR and AED have available re-certifications from St Mark James:
- CPR level “C” and AED
- CPR level “C” for health care providers, also known as CPR “HCP” and AED
All other CPR courses must be re-taken in full to renew certification.
Prerequisites for Re-Certification:
Candidates must meet the following prerequisites to be eligible for a St Mark James CPR and AED re-certification course:
- Candidates must have completed either a full course or a re-certification course within the past 3 years.
- Candidates must have completed the previous certification with a credible provider. Credible providers include St Mark James, Lifesaving Society, Heart and Stroke Foundation and St. Johns Ambulance. On-line certification awards will not be recognized as credible certificates.
- Candidates must have completed the previous course within Canada. Certificates are nationally accredited but not internationally. Candidates with certificates awarded outside of Canada must take a full course in Canada.
- Candidates in Ontario must receive previous certification through a St Mark James provider.
- Participants in Ontario may not take two re-certification courses back-to-back
If you do not meet all of the above prerequisites you are not eligible for a re-certification course.
Re-certification requirements may vary slightly depending on province. Contact the provider in your location to find out if you meet the prerequisites.
To register for a CPR and AED re-certification course (register for a CPR and AED course in Windsor, Ontario by clicking here) select your course type from the main or side menu. Once you select your course type you will be re-directed to a site specific for that course. From that site candidates can select their location and select the date, time and specific location of the course.
The length of a CPR and AED re-certification varies depending on the course level, instructor and candidates. Re-certification courses can be as short as 4 hours and as long as 5.
The cost of a CPR and AED re-cert course varies depending on your location and the level of re-certification. Cost varies from 35 to 50 dollars. All of our training providers show fees that include St Mark James certification fees and taxes. Register for a CPR and AED re-certification course today, space is limited.
Our training partners that offer CPR and AED re-certifications are located throughout Canada in convenient and comfortable locations including in Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Thunder Bay and Ottawa.