Overview Of Back Pain
- Back pain is a common issue that affects a lot of individuals. It generally feels like a pain, strain or stiffness in your back. The pain can be activated by improper posture while standing or sitting, bending clumsily, or lifting heavy items.
- Back pain is not usually caused by a severe condition and it usually gets better within 3 months depending on the severity.
- It can be treated by taking pain relievers and keeping active.
Various Types Of Back Pain
Backache usually occurs in the lower back, though it can hit anywhere along your spine. Back pain can also be caused by:
- Pain in the neck.
- Direct force to the neck or back.
- Pain in the shoulder.
- Frozen shoulder.
- Pain as a result of a slipped disc.
Treating Back Pain
- If you suffer from back pain, you must try to stay as active as you can and carry on with your daily activities.
- Previously, doctors suggested relaxation for back pain, but most professionals now agree that being lethargic for extended periods is not good for your back.
- Reasonable activity, such as walking, will assist your recovery.
- You can take pain relievers, such as ibuprofen or paracetamol; if you think the pain is getting worse.
- To help decrease the pain you can also use hot or cold compression packs. You can purchase compression packs from your local chemist, or some frozen vegetables can alleviate pain and swelling.
- Visit your nearby pharmacy.
How To Treat Back Pain
- How you lie, stand, sit and lift can all place strain on your back.
- Try to stop placing too much force on your back and make sure your back is sturdy and flexible.
- Consistent exercise, such as swimming or walking, is a great way of avoiding back pain.
- Activities such as yoga can develop your suppleness and reinforce your back muscles.